Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hello

I'm an artist living near Worcester, Massachusetts and recently decided to start a blog about my art and art in general: thoughts, insights, inspirations, master artists, etc. Whatever works.

My studio is located in the The Cider Mill which is in Sterling. The mill is a great place to shop if you like vintage and antiques. I'm tucked back in a corner of the mill (Corner Art Studio) painting, teaching, and puttering away.

I am part of the Like Mother Like Daughter blog and occasionally post but my daughter and granddaughters do most of the work. LMLD is about babies and children, keeping a comfortable and beautiful home, homeschooling, our faith, the way we live and so on. It will be very worth your while to check it out.  Leila, my daughter, and my granddaughters (Rosie, Sukie, Deirdre, and Bridget) are super intense about posting faithfully and they do a wonderful job.  


I have made giclĂ©e prints of some of my pieces. Prints are a great way to go, and can be reasonably priced to sell. Original work has to be priced high. To produce a piece of art (even a simple drawing) is the result of a lot of study, struggle, and work.

Here are a couple of my prints. One is a copy of a pastel and the other a copy of a charcoal drawing with white pastel. 


Petunias  Giclee print of pastel with charcoal drawing.


Lilies   Giclee print of charcoal drawing with white pastel    4.5 x 6.5
Signed and numbered for sale on Etsy
I'm so happy you are reading my blog and hope you will continue to visit. My goal is to post at least once a week.

19 comments:

  1. Dear Liz,
    I'm delighted to know about your blog! Your thoughts and insights will be so welcome, since we hardly have time to get together anymore. And your works -- you know I admire them -- reflect your own beautiful view of life. All best, and I will follow your blog with great pleasure. With love, Deedee Forti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deedee. You're such a good friend.

      Delete
  2. Love these drawings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ted. Do you recognize the location of one of the drawings? Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Dear Liz,

    Congratulations! Your blog is lovely and I'm sure will continue to be more and more a feast for the eyes, mind, and heart. Thank you for doing this!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pieces! Another goal to work toward owning one! Welcome to the blogosphere and may God continue to bless your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blog! We're so happy to see more of your beautiful art! We'll check back often.
    Karen & Niamh McCann

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to see you here Habou! I've subscribed so that I won't miss a post. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to see your blog and more of your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank everyone for their very generous, encouraging, and sweet comments.This is my first adventure into the larger world. A bit scary and am learning as I go along. The encouragement is precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful blog! I cannot wait for future posts. I love art and wish that you lived on the West Coast so I could attend your lessons. Thank you for sharing! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, starting your own space! I look forward to seeing more of your work. Have you ever considered an Etsy shop for selling your prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have thought about it and will most likely do it soon. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  11. Nice job, Aunt Liz! Cannot wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! Looking forward to more. Yes - a feast for the eyes, mind, and heart.
    Sam Schmitt

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always wanted to see your art, and visit The Cider Mill. I love your pictures- and now I have a great reason to head over to Sterling to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop by and have a cup of coffee. Would love to see you.

      Delete