Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fallen Tree


Here is a Plein air pastel that I did many years ago. I do like it a lot since it was done very quickly with minimal touch-ups after bringing it back to my studio. I get frustrated if my paintings get overworked.

Fallen Tree Pastel on Canson paper 17 1/2 x 23 1/2
I love going out on a beautiful day and making myself comfortable to spend a couple of hours sketching or painting. Pastels or pastel pencils are easy mediums to take along on such a trek.

I'm looking forward to some nice weather (after this long, cold winter) to get out to sketch and paint. I know that there are hardy artists who will paint outdoors in the cold weather and snow but, alas, I'm not one of them. I do wish I could.

5 comments:

  1. I guess we're not going to get any pastels of natural landscapes in blizzards/ice storms then, huh? Too bad :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one too - tricky, though, because you can't tell the scale on the blog. It's big!
    I also love the geranium in the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie. 17 x 23 is big and bigger yet in its frame.

      Delete
  3. Really gorgeous. I love the intensity and the color. -Faith

    ReplyDelete